Thursday 21 May 2009

Wet Weekend

It has been so wet and miserable this week that for the most part I've been snoozing and watching Come Dine With Me, so dressing half decently hasn't been top of my list of priorities. I just want summer to be here - sunshine and a bit of warmth isn't too much to ask for surely?!

I went out for dinner avec mes parents ce soir and wore this jumpsuit. I had to wear it with the blazer (price per wear must be about 0.0003 pence now I reckon) because it is too chilly to go without.

My Dad was also desperate to be featured on my blog (I think he got a bit jealous that my mum has been on it and he's been overlooked - theres a good reason for that, sorry daddy!) so he got me to take a picture of him in his new jacket. My sister says it looks like something Elton John would wear - probably not something he wanted to hear after spending four hundred pounds on it.
Photobucket
Jumpsuit - H&M, Shoes and Necklace - New Look, Blazer - Charity Shop, Bag - Gioseppo

Photobucket

I also thought I'd share a couple of pictures from my camping trip which took place at the weekend. It was really fun but incredibly wet. We ended up in Llangollen in Wales and were able to cheat a bit at the whole camping idea because one of my friend's sister lives in the town in a gorgeous (warm and dry) cottage and was happy to provide us with cups of tea and shelter.

Our Campsite:
Photobucket

Me looking really butch - check out the socks and walking boots combo:
Photobucket
Two of my friends bought a kids tent - Charlotte is about 5ft10 and Tom is about 6ft4 - they encountered a few problems trying to put it up:
Photobucket
Lovely warm and dry cottage:
Photobucket
All the merry campers:
Photobucket

From these pictures the weather looks lovely - in reality it was really strange. We had sunny intervals and then torrential rain in between (more rain than sun) and it was pretty windy as well. I wouldn't mind going back if and when it gets a bit warmer though - 5-10 Degrees is just not tent temperature.

38 comments:

  1. love the jumpsuit..suits you so well...i love watching come dine with me!! and you look so much like your mum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love your outfit in the first pick! Your parents are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I would say it looks like fun but I'd be lying. I hate camping. On a positive note (and I'm trying to keep it positive these days) that jumpsuit is truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looks so classy in that green jumpsuit!=D Very nice!=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thats funny! well tell your dad i like his new jacket and i love you lovely jumpsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look fabulous...your family is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning! The outfit reminds me of Ralph Lauren and your bag is just so fabulous! Also you seem to have a very fashionable family. I must agree though, your dad's jacket does look a bit like Elton John.
    You look much better than I ever do when I'm camping! I always looks sort of like a homeless hippie, it's wierd!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like Mischa Barton in the jumpsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love that jumpsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look really good in that jumpsuit. I like how you paired it with a neutral blazer.
    my dad asked me to be in my blog too! lol, I guess dad's can be funny like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfit, I now have the desire to try a jumpsuit...

    Your parents are quite stylish! And camping seems like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had so much fun! You look awesome in that jumpsuit....and wow that piano in the background is amaaazzing.

    I also love how your parents are both wearing patterns. The plaid and the stripes compliment each other so well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looove that jumpsuit dear, and your bag is so fabulous! I do love how your parents' outfits compliment each other, they look fantastic, and I really do like the colour of your father's jacket :) Oooh and the camping photos look so fun, I love your rain jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha looks like you had soo much fun.

    i adore your jumpsuit, i haven't tried to pull one off yet. i really want a romper for summer, but the couple i have tried on have looked horrendous on me, so i need to look some more. anyways, i love what you're wearing. gorgeous :)

    ps. your parents have awesome style :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. it looks really beautiful from your pictures (the kiddie tent one is sooo funny). And that cottage could not be cuter.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha ur sis is funny
    u look really cutee!!love the green
    +i love one of ur recent posts u dressed as a chavHAHAH
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gah! I hate it when I lose some brilliant comment I wrote due to computer issues. That's been happening to me a lot every time I use Firefox actually. When I type a comment and click post it just disappears. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your shoes in the first outfit and the coat in the 2nd. Your dad looks, err..."cool."

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great jumpsuit and camping looks like fun!

    Your parents look really sweet together... your mom is gorgeous and I love her outfit! It's great that your dad has such bold taste. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are rocking the jumpsuit - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. please tell your father that i LOVE his blazer(: haha
    i want it!

    & your jumper is very cute(:


    *dani

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! Just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the first image !!! you look great !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Come dine with me! My guilty pleasure... Loving the jumpsuit. & Wales looks unusually lovely, suspicious. Man I can't wait for summer. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful place!

    Jumpsuits are super IN.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The text to this post, esp. about your dad, cracked me up all over the place. What are you talking about, girl? Your dad TOTALLY ROCKS that lavender blazer.

    Meanwhile you are a sight for Stella-McCartney/Chloe eyes in that gorgeous jumpsuit. Jumpsuits are so perfect. Except when you have to go to the loo....

    ReplyDelete
  27. aww your umbrella print raincoat is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your jumpsuit is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love you're outfit! It's so adorable. And it was nice you had a cottage to go to when the weather was bad, rather than taking shelter in the tourist centre or shops.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the comment! My brother actually designed those furry leggings and was able to make a deal with Hot Topic to sell them online. So if they sell really well online they might actually get put in stores and other designs from my brother will be able to sell. So I'm trying to feature them a little on my blog a little and maybe just maybe I will inspire someone to buy a pair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous jumpsuit outfit. I love that you featured your parents. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh wow, your parents are quite stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've always thought I was rather British at heart. Perhaps I would get along famously with your people.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that you are camping but still looking very cool and fashionable.

    ReplyDelete