Monday 20 September 2010

It's a sad day...

My poor laptop was the victim of a burglary this weekend at my friend's house in Manchester. I had pretty much everything backed up which is good, but there will always be a lappy shaped hole in my heart for my beloved Geoffrey. We've been through a lot together - I couldn't have got through uni without him... *sob*.
Just upgraded him and everything...

Ha... To be honest, although I was very much attached it was a terrible piece of equipment. I'm hoping to replace him with something that has an apple on the back for real but need to find out whether I am actually covered by my Dad's insurance policy to begin with. Dirty thieving scum!

10 comments:

  1. we were burgled when i lived in leeds...its so frustrating but luckily i walked away unscathed
    margief
    x
    www.margieheartsclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the insurance stuff, I hope you get the Mac you want! (We will take over the world! We will!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :(

    i got mugged last month in london not nice.

    http://aforteforfashio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss...I've had a computer stolen before too. I always fantasized about what I'd do if I caught the fucker in the act--how I'd get everyone I know to collectively beat them up. Probably not a very constructive way of dealing with it, but it made me feel better anyway.

    RIP Geoffrey

    ps
    Only a British person would name their computer Geoffrey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw sad!! I'm very sorry for you and Geoffrey. Good luck getting the Apple!! I'm hoping I can get one too, especially now that I'm in college I need one really bad!
    You should definately post your mom's playsuit! I love them, I've been trying to make a mini collection of them in my closet :)
    My bike shorts are so handy - I actually have two more coming in the mail already! I got them because as a dedicated skirts and dresses wearer they're really helpful to wear with shorter lengths... especially when bending down! I would recomend them to almost everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that sucks! I need a new computer myself, pretty desperately. You have no idea what kind of dinosaur I'm working on.. lol.. Well, ok, it's not that bad, but it's pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats terrible I am so sorry that experience happened to you. I would be so devastated if that happened to my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww man that sucks about the stolen laptop but hopefully this means you'll get a nice new shiny one!

    ReplyDelete